Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mom's Handmade Ornaments

My dear mother always made handmade ornaments for my son John for Christmas. I wanted to show you some of the ornaments as they are on our tree this year as every year. I really think the stocking is beautiful. My mother used silk ribbon embroidery to embellish the stocking. The snowman is just adorable and is an added highlight each Christmas. Mom sewed it and added some fun clothes to Mr. Snowman. The Santa has always been my son's favorite. He's a friendly Santa made of felt with added decorations. My mother was an excellent seamstress. She could upholster and also made many of our clothes, including suits for my father. She also quilted and was a cross stitcher, as well as a needleworker in other mediums, including embroidery, candlewicking, and crewel.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment